NiteLine’s vision is for all third level students to have access to an empathetic peer listener.
- Compassion: We are motivated by compassion. Our service is founded on empathy and respect for our callers and fellow volunteers.
- Student Empowerment: We empower our callers to speak openly and make their own decisions through our pillars of anonymity, confidentiality, non-judgmental listening, and non-directive support. We empower our student volunteers to support their peers and grow as leaders of our service.
- Excellence: We are committed to providing a professional and quality service to our callers and stakeholders alongside high quality training and support for our volunteers.
- Peer Support: As students themselves, our volunteers are in the unique position of being able to empathise with our callers. We recognize that student support comes from the inside out and pride ourselves on our support structures for our volunteers.
- Inclusivity: We believe our service must be freely accessible to any of our students that need us. We strive to have a welcoming volunteer base that is representative of the wider student body